Sr. Facilities Maintenance Technician
Pay Range: $23.72 - $29.65/hr
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Facilities Maintenance Tech (Building Equipment Operator) job is available with the City of Fort Worth Property Management Departments Facilities Division. This position assists in leading and participates in maintenance of the City's largest buildings.
- Four years of related skilled trades experience, including one year of lead supervisory experience
- HS Diploma/GED supplemented by specialized training in assigned trade and four years of related skilled trades experience
- One year of lead supervisory experience.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Experience working in a large government facility, school or hospital of 10,000 sq ft or more
- Extensive HVAC knowledge
The Sr. Facility Maintenance Technician job responsibilities include:
- Leads craft personnel and performs skilled work related to area of expertise, which may include work within one or more of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, painting, mechanical, HVAC, and/or roofing.
- Conducts complex technical and skilled tasks related to assigned projects. Provides technical guidance to lower level skilled and maintenance workers. Assists in training lower level staff on proper techniques and procedures within assigned trades area. Monitors and coordinates work of lower level staff.
- Assists supervisory staff with scheduling planning projects and maintenance activities for assigned trades area. Recommends appropriate resources to use for projects and activities and identifies resource needs.
- Maintains equipment and supplies used for trades work. Performs preventive maintenance on tools, supplies and equipment.
- Reviews drawings, diagrams, specifications and work orders. Creates and updates drawings, diagrams and specifications. Maintains repair and maintenance logs for equipment and facilities. Records work orders when projects and maintenance activities are completed. 6. Requisitions parts, supplies and services. Contacts vendors to assess availability of supplies, parts and equipment
- Requisitions parts, supplies and services. Contacts vendors to assess availability of supplies, parts and equipment.
- Works with contractor to complete projects and assignments. Identifies work to be completed for contractors.
- Identifies construction, maintenance and repair needs for facilities and equipment assigned. Performs identified work as appropriate. Reports needed maintenance and repair to appropriate supervisory staff.
Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A Misdemeanor Conviction, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions in the last 10 years, Class A Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication in the last 10 years, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and ALL Family Violence Convictions regardless of class.
Heavy Work - Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.