Human Services Technician
When all employees are embraced, respected and heard, we will build a collaborative, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist culture where everyone thrives.
Job Class: Human Services Technician
Agency: Human Services Dept
This position was previously announced on 04/07/2023. If you already applied for this job, you do not need to reapply.
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 05/19/2023
- Closing Date: 06/01/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / DHS St Peter AFSCME
- Division/Unit: Direct Care and Treatment / Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment Services
- Work Shift:Rotating or Night Shift
- Work Hours: 6:45 a.m. - 5:15 p.m. - 11:45 a.m. - 10:15 p.m. (Rotating) / 9:30pm-7:30am (Night)
- Days of Work: Varies
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $16.02 - $25.41 / hourly
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 204 - Health Care Non Professional/AFSCME
- Work Area: CBHH Rochester
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Telework Eligible: No
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities : Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you'll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
Candidates may be eligible for a hiring incentive of $2,500! Free on-site parking!
**This posting may be used to fill multiple full-time and part-time, rotating or night shift positions
Human Services Technician is a direct care role within the state-operated Community Behavioral Health Hospital (CBHH) in Rochester. The CBHH provides short-term, acute inpatient psychiatric services in a 16-bed community-based setting. Natural support structures are incorporated into treatment by serving patients as close as possible to their home communities.
As a Human Services Technician, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate admission and discharge functions.
- Complete the demographic/technical admission procedure for patients entering the CBHH so that an optimum level of health and comfort may be attained
- Provide optimal physical and mental health care (according to the scope of this position) so that optimal health and outcomes can be achieved and maintained.
- Maintain an acceptable environment of care.
- Participate as a member of the integrated treatment team in the development/implementation of individual patient behavioral treatment plans and by promoting illness management and recovery process.
- Perform delegated treatments and procedures within policy.
- Maintain a hazard-free environment through awareness of safety standards and response to emergency calls so that major crises may be prevented and/or handled appropriately.
- Perform housekeeping tasks so that a healthful and aesthetic environment is maintained.
- Actively participate in and assist with the collection, organization of monitoring and evaluation data as requested so that patient care services are continuously maintained and improved.
- Participate in in-service training and quality improvement activities so that the best possible care is provided to patients.
**Working for the Minnesota Department of Human Services Direct Care & Treatment division PAYS!
When you start a career with us, you may also be eligible for:
- Free on-site parking!
- $2500 Hiring Bonus!
- Annual pay increases
- Ability to read and write English sufficient to understand/follow directions and to maintain records/documentation.
- Human relations skills sufficient to establish rapport with and provide direction to service recipients.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Our employees are dedicated to ensuring cultural responsiveness. Preferred candidates will have a variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
The individual(s) selected for this position are required to attest to and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by their first day of employment, per federal requirements. The individual(s) selected for the position may request an accommodation if they are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccination due to: (a) a recognized medical condition for which a COVID-19 vaccine is contraindicated; or (b) an objection based upon a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. For additional information about this COVID-19 vaccination requirement, contact Raegan Juntunen in DHS Human Resources at email@example.com . Please do not email or provide any proof of vaccination with your application/resume. This information will be collected from you if you are hired for this position.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Heather Tucke at email@example.com .
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Raegan Juntunen at firstname.lastname@example.org .
CERTAIN DISABLED VETERANS: Effective August 1, 2012, legislation provides state agencies with the option to appoint certain disabled veterans on a noncompetitive basis if they: 1) meet service requirements and have a verified service-connected disability rating of at least 30%; 2) provide qualifying documentation verifying the disability; and 3) meet all Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting. To be considered under this legislation you must submit all documentation before the closing date.
About Human Services Dept
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! The Minnesota Department of Human Services impacts the lives of 1.7 million people every year, helping them meet their basic needs so they can achieve their highest potential.
Why Work for Us
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
- 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency's mission
- 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
- 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
- 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota state agencies are equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employers. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com and indicate what assistance is needed.