Field Services Technician I, Pulse
Field Services Technicians are primarily responsible for fiber and equipment installation, and troubleshooting for customer fiber installations. This involves working inside, underneath and around customer's homes and businesses to install wiring, outlets and equipment as needed. This position will work with customers to demonstrate equipment, troubleshoot, and explain service features. The salary range for this position is $24.81- $37.21 per hour with a hiring range of $24.81 - $31.01, depending on qualifications and experience. Position will close to applicants on: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 12:00 P.M. M.S.T.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications.
Established in 2018, Loveland Pulse is an award winning trusted local communications utility dedicated to exceptional customer service and teamwork. We are in search of a customer oriented Field Services Technician that is excited to be part of our journey and make Pulse a reality for all of Loveland. As a Field Services Technician, you will be responsible for installing and troubleshooting customer fiber equipment and installations. Technicians will have the opportunity to continually learn new skills and interact with a variety of different individuals throughout the day. Our ideal candidate has exceptional troubleshooting skills, likes working outdoors, is detail orientated, and has a passion for supporting customers.
To learn more about our exceptional Loveland community and the benefits of working for the City, please view our video Working at Loveland.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Daily scheduled work tasks to install a variety of services inside customer's premises.
- Electronic work order updates to include issue control and open/close functions.
- Installing to any point on a premise both wireless and hardwired connections.
- Fusion splicing fiber optic drop connections.
- Completing required install inspections and updating digital documentation records in various databases and other internal programs.
- Re-inspecting products after they have been reworked to ensure they conform to the product standards/specifications.
- Working closely with Network Engineers, Electric Utility personnel, Customer service Representatives and residential/business customers and non-customers.
- Incorporating safety into all aspects of the job.
- Contribute to developing installation best practices.
- Maintain knowledge of current installation technical principles and industry standards.
- Maintaining a positive customer experience throughout the installation process.
- Training and teaching customers how to use installed products.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs to equipment.
- Maintain knowledge of current installation technical principles and industry standards
- Work from customer drawings, City drawings, vendor drawings or specifications
- Training and teaching customers how to use installed products
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: None
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Safe work practices.
- Standard construction materials, tools, and equipment.
- Methods employed in basic excavation work.
- Basic understanding of interior facility construction to efficiently install new network wiring and cabling
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
Accountability, Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness
Job specific competencies:
Customer Service, Attention to Detail, Technical Knowledge, Problem Solving, Responsiveness
Education and/or experience:
High School diploma or GED and/or functionally related licenses or certificates. One year of related work experience with cable or telephone company or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Licensure and/or certifications:
Must possess a valid driver's license.
Material and equipment directly used:
Tamper; electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic hand tools; cable pulling equipment; fork lift; fiber test equipment, fiber power meters, computers, tablets, smartphone, and City vehicles including hauling equipment trailer.
Working conditions and physical requirements:
Frequently sitting for long periods of time during splicing operations on underground fiber system. Frequently standing for long periods of time during splicing operations in a bucket truck. Frequently reaching, twisting, squatting, kneeling when working on underground fiber optic system, including opening vault lids, pushing and pulling fiber optic cables, working in and around telecom rack equipment. Occasional shoveling and climbing ladders.
Occasionally work will be schedule during off hours to minimize the impact on broadband customers.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
With over 300 days of sunshine, and just 30 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park in the heart of northern Colorado, Loveland is an ideal community for anyone to call home. Known as the Sweetheart City, this vibrant cultural hub is home to nearly 500 sculptures and public art installations, the world-famous Valentine Remail Program, and picturesque views of the Rocky Mountains. The community is bustling with a thriving arts, brewery, foodie and shopping scene. Enjoy headliner concert and theatre productions, professional hockey events, endless community recreation and open space opportunities, art and sculpture shows, and several local festivals. Loveland also boasts an award-winning golf course and an inclusive library and community center. Loveland, Colorado has EVERYTHING YOU LOVE! In 2020, Loveland was the only Colorado City to win the Governor's Award for Downtown Excellence, is the top residential recycling City in the state for 4 consecutive years and has been ranked as one of the top places to live, work and raise a family in the U.S. and as one of the Most Idyllic Picturesque towns in America.
Apply today to join more than 800 employees who work to meet the core values of: Accountability & Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness. The City of Loveland is a diverse and welcoming community organization and our employees enjoy a competitive benefits program, various opportunities for growth and development, and an exceptional work-life balance.
A vibrant community, surrounded by natural beauty, where you belong!
Benefit Eligible Benefits Package Includes:
- Two (2) medical plans, Dental, Vision (for self/ spouse/ children)
- Employee Health & Wellness Center (self/family)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and medical leave
- Flexible spending including Dependent Care
- Life Insurance, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability, and voluntary Critical Illness Coverage
- Retirement 401a, 457, Roth (pre-& post tax) and company match
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary 529 College Invest program
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted recreation passes
- Employee recognition program
- Exceptional work-life balance
- Market based pay & regular performance reviews
- Local Government employment is eligible for Public Loan Forgiveness Program
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of Loveland provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
A driving record and criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.