Facility Project Planner
This is a planner/ project management position for someone with 3 years of experience. It is in the Sustainability Division in the Department of Aviation (DOA). This role will be an integral part of supporting the Airport's sustainability programs and contributing to the implementation of the Sustainable Management Plan (SMP) initiatives by coordinating with other divisions, managing initiatives and assisting with internal and external stakeholder communications and engagement.
Works under very general supervision. Depending on organization structure, may work independently with responsibility for an assigned function or program. The position reports to the Director of Sustainability.
Education and Experience Bachelors degree in Sustainability, Facility Management, Architecture, Engineering, Building Construction, Aviation Management or related degree (Equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the required degree on an exception basis).
3 years' of experience in sustainability, facilities management or related field.
Preferred Education & Experience
One or more of the following certifications are preferred:
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Green Associate or Accredited Professional (LEED GA or AP)
- National Green Infrastructure Certification Program (NGICP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Excellent project management, analytical and organizational skills.
- Able to manage different projects concurrently; deliver effective and consistent implementation.
- Strong inter-personal skills and a good team player with a mature outlook who is also able to work independently.
- Able to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to create effective and new ways of working.
- Excellent communication and writing skills enabling a clear presentation of issues and solutions.
- Ability to deal with a variety of job assignments utilizing excellent time management skills.
- Experience of working in business with an appreciation of the role that responsible business practices can play in creating positive social impact.
- Proven ability to deliver projects from inception to evaluation, measuring and reporting.
- Working knowledge of waste management, energy efficiency, renewable energy systems, LEED certification programs, water quality and management.
- Strategic thinker
Licensures and Certifications
Essential Capabilities And Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-09-05