Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Shift: Day - 6:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Pay Grade/Range: DOE
EEO Category: Craft Worker
The janitor will be responsible for accomplishing a daily routine of custodial related tasks that provide personnel with an environmentally safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient place in which to work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning and supplying designated building areas
- Performing and documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carrying out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- 1 year janitor experience in manufacturing or similar environment
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Integrity and ability to work independently
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Motivated, dependable individual who exhibits a good attitude toward work and arrives on time for start of shift
- Good verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to excel in an environment with fast-paced periods of intense deadlines and fluctuating workload
- Team player with a can-do attitude
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Ability to lift or move up to 50lbs.
- Reach forward, up, down, and side-to-side to move equipment or get in between machines
- Continuous standing and walking throughout the work-day
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- A large percentage of work time is spent in a machine shop where temperatures vary from hot to cold. The environment may also include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, and vapor from coolant, etc. Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company and specific notices are posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department.
RTC Aerospace, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
Candidates will receive consideration without discrimination in accordance with the requirements of article 9 to chapter XVIII of the City of Los Angeles Municipal Code, federal and state laws of California.