Facilities Worker I (533663)
Facilities Worker I
(Facilities Worker I)
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $4,722 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,722 - $5,939 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
- Area of consideration is limited to internal employees only.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 15 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here .
Under general supervision, The Facilities Worker I is a semi-skilled general facilities maintenance classification. Incumbents in this classification perform a variety of general and preventive maintenance and repair work that does not require journey-level skills. Incumbents work independently and perform a variety of semi-skilled facilities and systems maintenance functions or may work under the direction of journey-level crafts workers on complex assignments.
- Knowledge: The Facilities Worker I must possess a working knowledge of methods, practices, and tools related to facilities and systems maintenance and repair in areas such as plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, painting, sheet metal, and locksmithing. Work requires a working knowledge of the common terminology, methods, practices, tools, and procedures related to building and facilities services, maintenance, and repair, and/or a base knowledge of a building/construction or mechanical trade.
- Abilities: Must be able to perform proficiently a variety of semi-skilled facilities maintenance and repair tasks; operate all applicable tools, equipment, and systems; follow standard written instructions and procedures; read and write at a level appropriate to the position; perform simple arithmetic calculations as required by the position; and demonstrate the ability to learn maintenance and repair functions. This position requires the performance of strenuous manual labor.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- These abilities normally would be acquired through any combination of experience and training equivalent to 1 year of experience as a trades assistant or laborer, or one year of hands-on experience in general facilities and systems maintenance and repair work.
- Specialized Skills
- Experience in the following trade areas: Carpentry, Painting, Locksmith, Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Sheetmetal.
- Preferred Skills:
- Certifications in or associated with Skilled Trades work or closely related fields.
- Specialized Skills
Facilities Management is a service group of the Division of Administration and Finance. We are a dedicated team of professionals that emphasizes the integration of our collective expertise. We are committed to providing the University with a safe, functional, and accessible campus environment.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by November 20, 2023 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
Please click "Apply Now" to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy , it is strongly recommended that all employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)
Closing Date/Time: November 20, 2023