Wall Township, NJ, USA Req #2306
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Facilities Technician to perform different types of maintenance at Wall corporate office and other Company locations. Facilities main focus is to assure day to day operations go uninterrupted within the company.
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
• Set up meetings and events held by the company
• Evaluate equipment, situations and potential issues and address appropriately
• Handle emergencies relating from equipment failure, water intrusion and safety issues
• Perform building inspections at all locations
• Evaluate and trouble shoot applicable problems and react accordingly
• Coordinate and install small to mid-sized furniture for reconfiguration projects
• Learn and maintain knowledge of building management systems
• Assist fellow employees when needed for any basic facilities-related requests
• Meet with contractors for repairs and service
• High School diploma GED is required
• Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in any construction field or maintenance situation
• Mechanical aptitude including basic plumbing, electric and carpentry is preferred
• Work schedule is Monday – Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm; position requires overtime with ability to work off hours or on weekends as required
• Minimal outside/personal cell phone use is required during working hours
• Position requires ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and use, stand, and climb on all types of ladders
*This job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.