The San Mateo County Transit District serves nearly 100,000 customers each weekday on its SamTrans buses, Redi-Wheel paratransit vehicles, Caltrain commuter rail cars and shuttles, as well as a robust capital program. The Transit District, which is in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, also is the managing agency for the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. Staff enjoys a dynamic organization that fosters personal development and professional advancement of its staff. The Transit District's core values include integrity, customer focus, respect, quality, teamwork, leadership and accountability. Excellent benefits are provided.
TITLE: Facilities Technician
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Non-Exempt (Full-Time)
DIVISION: Facilities Maintenance
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, October 8, 2023
PAY RANGE: $31.01 - $41.35 hourly per CBA ($54,279 - $89,167 estimated annual)
WORK SCHEDULE: Varies - days, nights, weekends, and holidays (per CBA)
WORK LOCATION: Varies - San Carlos, CA and/or South San Francisco, CA
JOB SUMMARY: The Facilities Technician reports to the Assistant Manager, Facilities and is responsible for providing building maintenance services at the District facilities in accordance with established standards and procedures.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance on all facilities according to manufacturers' specifications and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform basic facility repairs including painting, carpentry, plumbing, heating and cooling (HVAC), hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Complete daily work orders in a timely fashion in accordance with District standards.
- Respond to facility-related emergencies 24/7 during assigned periods in rotation.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Perform scheduled maintenance, provide emergency response services and make repairs, and repair tools and equipment and monitor building maintenance contracts.
- Ensure all maintenance and repair activities are recorded, organized, and complete. Records must be readily available for reference, audit, and quality control.
- Collaborate with District departments to obtain work scope information, discuss options, collect job details and estimate labor and material costs relating to work order.
- Inspect and report on functional operation of buildings, grounds and related facility systems including: heating and cooling systems, fueling and lubrication systems, storm, plumbing, potable water, sewer and industrial waste systems, fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems, electrical power and lighting systems, in-ground hydraulic lift systems, bus parking designation markings, roofing systems, bus exhaust evacuation systems, roll up access doors and roll up fire doors, and environmental protection systems.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of maintenance tasks performed and status of District facilities.
- Develop and maintain a spare parts inventory of basic maintenance hand and power tools.
- Maintain open communications with other departments; develop and maintain effective internal relationships. Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Must participate in weekend and holiday on-call rotation.
- Safely operate a variety of maintenance vehicles.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one's self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION : Works under the general supervision of the Assistant Manager, Facilities, who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates performance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS : Sufficient experience, training and/or education to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. In lieu of a degree, work-related experience that demonstrates the skills and experience necessary to perform this role will be accepted. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years full-time industrial building/facility maintenance experience, or a combination of education and experience demonstrating the ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must have valid California driver's license with a safe driving record.
- General experience troubleshooting electrical systems, heating and cooling (HVAC) systems, plumbing, and hydraulic systems.
- Able to work safely in different kinds of weather conditions and workspace environments.
- Able to safely lift 50lbs and climb/work on ladders and other equipment.
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE: The process will include a panel interview and may include written and skills test assessments or supplemental questions. Only those candidates who are the most qualified will continue in the selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to continue in the process.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS AT SAMTRANS:
For additional information on SamTrans benefits, please visit, https://www.samtrans.com/jobs
Holidays: Seven (7) paid holidays, plus up to four (4) floating holidays per year
Paid Time Off: Up to 21 days per year
Cafeteria Plans: Medical, dental, vision care, group life insurance and more
Transportation: Free Bus Transportation for employees and qualified dependents
Pension: Social Security and California Public Employees Retirement Systems (CalPERS)
- Classic Members - 2% @ 60 benefit formula, 3 year average of highest compensation
- New Members - 2% @ 62 benefit formula, 3 year average of highest compensation
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please visit the https://www.samtrans.com/jobs . Complete an online employment application by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 8, 2023 . A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities upon request. If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 508-6308 or email written request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- SamTrans celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace environment. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.