Serve your community. Make a difference. Grow your career. MEANINGFUL WORK awaits you here at the City of North Las Vegas. We serve one of the largest culturally diverse cities in the nation and our community continues to grow! If you value Accountability, Communication, and Teamwork then you are just the person we are looking for!
A Facilities Technician is an essential member of our team and we invite you to apply and help contribute to CNLV'S growing success! Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement. This posting will create a non-probationary internal Teamster eligibility list and fill 1 vacancy for this classification. The current vacancy is in the Public Works Department. The internal Teamster eligibility list will be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification, for up to one hundred twenty (120) days. Non-probationary Teamster team members successfully completing the selection process will be placed on the internal Teamster eligibility list.
Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement.
- Submit a Complete Application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application by providing sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications, attach any documents as necessary, and answer ALL questions. Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this announcement and click "SUBMIT" at the end of your application.
- Pay Considerations - The starting hourly pay for this position is $34.24. Existing employees will receive increases as outlined by their bargaining agreement.
- Work Schedule - This position is scheduled to work 4 days per week, 9 hours per day, Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 6:00pm.
The Facilitites Technician will support our Public Works Department to assist under general direction, performing skilled work of considerable difficulty in the installation, maintenance, and repair of a variety of heating, boilers, air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment and associated systems. Performs skilled work in other building maintenance skilled trades of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting. Performs skilled and semi-skilled work in building maintenance duties using a variety of hand tools, power tools, and related equipment. Performs at a journey level in all of the skilled trade areas of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC. Performs semi-skilled repairs in the areas of locksmith, carpentry, painting, roof repair, as well as various other trades. May supervise subordinate crew members
The full job description can be found here: Facilities Technician
Check out some of our benefits here: CNLV Benefits
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. Additional vocational or technical training in air conditioning, electrical, and plumbing trades.
- Prefer completion of an apprenticeship in one of the building trades or completion of a building trades certificate from a community college or applicable military certifications.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience performing facility maintenance work in the specialty areas of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
- Equivalency: Eight years of progressively responsible experience performing repairs and installations of HVAC/refrigeration, electrical, and plumbing may be substituted for the education and experience required above.
Licenses and Certifications
- EPA Refrigerant Handling Certification at time of hire/reclassification.
- Respirator certification within six months of hire/reclassification.
- Sixteen hours O & M asbestos training required within six months of hire/reclassification and annually thereafter.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record and ability to obtain appropriate Nevada state driver's license within required time frame.
- Must obtain a Clark County NEC certification within a year of hire date.
- Must obtain an F card certification within a year of hire date.
Complete online application - Interested candidates MUST submit a completed application through the City's application system. Evaluation of meeting requirements will be made solely on information provided on the application and any required attachments. Written Exam - Passing Score of 70% or higher to proceed to the Oral Panel Interview. Oral Panel Interview - Weighted 100%, Passing Score 70% Pre-Employment Screening - Selected candidates for this position are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes but is not limited to local & state criminal history check; federal criminal history check via submission of fingerprints; and drug screening. Although there have been recent changes to laws regarding the legal possession and consumption of marijuana, the City of North Las Vegas will continue to adhere to its professional standards and guidelines as it relates to recent and continuous use of the drug. Selection/Offers.
Note: Subsequent vacancies during the life of the internal eligibility list may require participation in an additional selection interview. The selection interview will be weighted 100%, requiring a passing score of 70% in order to be considered for the subsequent position vacancy.
The selection process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
For questions about this position or the selection process, please contact:
Victor Figueroa | Talent Acquisition Partner
- People Group: Teamster Non Supervisor
- Grade: TNE-20
- Minimum Salary: 34.24
- Maximum Salary: 51.37
- Pay Basis: HOURLY