This position is contingent on FY 24 approval
Pay Range: $55,577 - $69,471 annual salary
Job Posting Closing on: Friday, September 15, 2023
Workdays & Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm; This position offers a flexible work schedule depending on business needs. Overtime may be required.
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Facilities Supervisor job is available with The City of Fort Worth Property Management Department within its Facilities Division. The Facilities Division provides City Departments with world class facility planning, design, construction, renovation and maintenance services. The Division is seeking a Facilities Supervisor to supervise and coordinate construction and maintenance activities for municipal building and facilities. This position oversees and participates in the installation of building equipment and systems, including roofing, painting, parking lot repairs other major building, systems..
- High School diploma/GED supplemented by specialized training in building construction or a related field.
- Four years of responsible experience in construction of buildings or related structures,
- Two years of administrative and/or lead supervisory experience.
- Valid Texas State Driver's License
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, utilizing Word, Excel and other computer related tasks.
- Experience using an automated Work Order Management system
- Extensive roofing knowledge
- Preferred extensive knowledge of Life Safety and Fire Systems
The Facilities Planner job responsibilities include:
- Supervises staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary decisions or recommendations.
- Oversees, inspects and administers projects on city facilities; identifies building repair issues; schedules repairs or recommends renovations; monitors contractors for quality workmanship and compliance with rules and regulations; and monitors contracts for accuracy in hours billed, material charged and other contract
- Evaluates and assesses buildings envelope, equipment and systems; prioritizes needs; and reviews blueprints and project requests to ensure design standard
- Monitors assigned budget; and maintains records concerning pertinent building maintenance
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned building maintenance procedures and methods.
- Adheres to assigned work schedule as outlined in the Department and City attendance policies and procedures; ensures all behaviors comply with the City's Personnel Rules and Regulations
- Performs maintenance and repair of all electrical and mechanical systems, except those requiring the attention of a licensed specialist.
- Installs outlets and replaces switches, light bulbs and fixtures. Monitors electrical and electronic equipment including air conditioning and heating systems.
- Makes minor repairs to door hinges and locks.
- Installs and implements new equipment and materials and maintain, and repair heating and air conditioning systems
- Utilize appropriate tools in performing HVAC maintenance
- Pipe Fitting experience (chilled water, hot water, and steam)
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Medium work - Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects
- Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJ/S requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A Misdemeanor Conviction, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions in the last 1O years, Class A Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication in the last 1O years, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and ALL Family Violence Convictions regardless of class.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.