Facilities Maintenance Technician
The City of Irvine seeks team players to perform skilled commercial building and equipment maintenance, corrective repair work, and respond to emergency service requests. The ideal candidate will be an individual with strong communication and customer service skills and a can-do attitude. If you would enjoy maintaining the City's parks facilities and buildings, the Facilities Maintenance Technician position is an excellent opportunity.
- Independently perform and assist in preventive and corrective building and equipment maintenance tasks for City buildings and park facilities.
- Depending on the assignment, inspect and repair equipment, offices, athletic facilities, aquatic facilities, amusement rides, playground equipment, or other structures.
- Respond to internal and external customer service requests.
- Prepare work orders, inspection forms, and other documents.
- Monitor and oversee contractors performing maintenance and repair tasks.
- Find additional information in the Facilities Maintenance Technician job description.
- High school diploma or equivalent with vocational/technical coursework in facilities/building maintenance/repair.
- Two years related experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- May require working weekends, holidays and other alternative schedules as assigned and participate in on-call status.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Trade specific background is a plus.
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems, word processing, and records management.
- Experience with commercial building maintenance, preventative maintenance schedules, and tasks.
- Knowledge and experience with safety inspection programs.
- Proven track record of outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and excel working in a team environment.
According to Money Magazine, Irvine is recognized as one of America's Best Places to Live. The City of Irvine features an array of entertainment and recreational opportunities including exceptional parks, open space preservations, sport complexes, and master-planned communities.
The Public Works and Transportation Department is made up of over 150 staff dedicated to developing, building, and maintaining the City's infrastructure to the standards and expectations set forth by the City Council and community. City assets include streetscapes, open space, City parks (community and neighborhood), athletic fields, eucalyptus windrow trees, bike trails, roadways, traffic signals, and more.
The department is composed of 14 divisions cooperating to create a highly effective team. The divisions include Administration, Transportation Planning and Project Development, Transportation Review and Analysis, Neighborhood Traffic, Transit and Active Transportation, Traffic Management Center, Signal Maintenance, Project Management, Development Engineering, Streets & Right-of-Way Maintenance, Landscape Maintenance, Environmental Programs, Facilities Maintenance, and Fleet Services. Together these divisions provide essential services designed to meet City Strategic Business Plan goals.
The selection process will include an examination and conduct a background investigation prior to appointment. This recruitment may establish an eligibility list to fill future positions in similar and/or lower classifications within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Irvine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. We encourage you to inform Human Resources at least two business days prior to the first phase of the selection process if you have a disability that may require an accommodation.
Closing Date/Time: 11/26/2023 5:00 PM Pacific