Facilities Maintenance Advance Technician
The Town of Prosper is currently seeking qualified and dedicated individual
for the position of:
Facilities Maintenance Advanced Technician.
Salary Range: $52,099.14 - $70,487.07
Hiring Range: $52,099.14 - $61,293.11
Retirement Benefits (TMRS), 2-to-1 Match
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits Effective Within the First 35 days of Employment
Flex Scheduling Opportunities
Training & Continuing Education Opportunities
Qualifications: High School Diploma or G.E.D., and three (3) years increasingly responsible experience in building maintenance. Must pass pre-employment drug screening, physical and background checks.
The purpose of this position is to maintain the buildings and equipment operated by the Town. This is accomplished by making electrical repairs and maintaining the interior and exterior of Town facilities. Other duties include providing plumbing repairs and services, maintaining HVAC systems, assisting with special projects and interacting with other Town employees and citizens. This position does not provide direction to other employees.
Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Diagnose and repair electrical systems by installing, repairing, or replacing breakers, conduit, wiring, switches and outlets.
- Troubleshoot and repair problems with circuits, lights, automatic doors, and other electrical equipment.
- Diagnose, repair and maintain HVAC systems by trouble shooting and repairing air-conditioners, heaters, thermostats and repairing and replacing compressors, fan motors, circulation pumps, ducts, vents and filters and belts.
- Provide plumbing repairs and service by installing and repairing copper or PVC water pipes, fittings and valves.
- Repair and replace water faucets, sinks, urinals, commodes, water heaters, pumps and sub-pumps, and unclog drain lines.
- Provide general handywork and help maintain interior and exterior of Town facilities by repairing doors, framing, hinges, furniture, locks, ceilings, sheetrock and paint, flooring, windows, roofing and drains.
- Working knowledge of common computer software including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Provide excellent customer service to Town employees and the public.
- Establish and maintain cooperative-working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Perform various mathematical computations.
- Ability to safely work on ladders, scaffolds and lifts.
- Ability to safely use hand tools, power tools and testing equipment.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
License or Certification:
- Texas license in a trade. I.E. Electrical, HVAC or Plumbing preferred.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
- Must be able to walk, stand, stretch, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job.
- Employee will have to be able to work in all environments, inside and outside in all types of weather.
- Employee must be able to work safely on ladders, scaffolding and lifts at heights.
- Employee must be able to safely lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 80 pounds occasionally. Must be able to handle, 4'x8' sheets of plywood and sheetrock.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
he Town of Prosper, Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act the Town will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROSPER'S PURPOSE - PROSPER IS A PLACE WHERE EVERYONE MATTERS