Eligibility Technician MA I – Denver Human Services
About Our Job
This posting will accept applications until May 12th . Please apply as soon as possible.
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed, at a city site and/or in the field 3-5 days a week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days.
About Denver Human Services
At Denver Human Services (DHS), we are creating an extraordinary human services organization that is equipped to carry out our vision of a healthy community where every person is connected, supported, safe, and well. Currently, DHS serves one in three Denverites, about a quarter million people, in the moments that matter most. We are driven every day to serve our community with integrity, kindness, and respect, and to seek out new ideas and opportunities so that over time we can prevent more people from needing our services in the first place. Our 1,100+ member workforce is our most important resource, and we embrace a values-driven culture focused on creating the conditions for our staff and partners to be bold in our thinking and achieve big results for our community.
Diversity in the City
The City and County of Denver is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. This commitment is woven into our values and belief that we are strongest when we embrace and celebrate our differences. We aim to have employees who are as diverse as our residents, with different perspectives and unique ways of thinking. If you share these values and our enthusiasm for equity, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
Denver Human Services is seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to serve as the Eligibility Technician for the Medical Assistance - Medicaid Team in the Family and Adult Assistant Division.
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed, at a city site and/or in the field at least three days a week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days. In this role you will be reporting to the following Denver Human Services location: 3815 Steele St., Denver, CO 80205.
The Eligibility Technician MA I essential duties include but are not limited to:
Assists clients in the Medical Assistance - Medicaid Programs and determines appropriate services/programs to meet the needs of clients by conducting eligibility interviews, researching and evaluating all necessary information such as family members and relationships, financial status and income resources.
Reviews and interprets legal documents provided by clients such as court documents/orders, property transactions, trusts, annuities, life insurance policies, financial transactions, and transfers of resources in order to determine eligibility for public assistance programs. Act as an eligibility determination subject matter expert for the total array of programs and services available to clients and serves as a resource to eligibility staff by assisting staff with difficult/complex cases, formulating approaches to address issues/problems through reporting techniques, and briefing supervisors/managers on recurring concerns and issues found through qualitative and quantitative means.
Elicits and verifies pertinent eligibility information such as employment, income, residence, property ownership, rent, household expenses, and other banking and financial resources, assists applicants to obtain additional information and resolve discrepancies, and answers applicant questions regarding eligibility. Serves as a community resource specialist for clients and refers clients to internal and/or external services and services providers. Reviews cases in the Colorado Benefits Management System (CBMS) and researches all associated discrepancies. Works reports received from internal and external platforms and systems to determine timeliness and workload capacity.
Eligibility Technician MA I will perform the following duties:
- Determine initial and on-going eligibility for public assistance programs in accordance with federal and state laws, county rules and regulations, and approves and issues benefits
- Review all necessary documents, systems, case comments, and case history to determine validity of discrepancy
- Record client information enters and updates information into complex state and county computer systems and responds to inquiries about client records for administrative state hearings, federal reviews, fraud investigations, and federal and state program management and evaluation
- Complete and mail communication to Client, Content Management and Accounts Receivable
- Ensure benefit calculations made by the state computer system are accurate to reduce/eliminate errors. Impact of financial errors is significant due to state and federal sanctions
- Report daily work progress to Supervisor
- Explain rights and responsibilities to clients and provides referrals to non-profit agencies and other service providers to facilitate a comprehensive solution to the client's issues
- Monitor changes in client's status, contacts clients to verify changes, and makes appropriate adjustments to eligibility and support payments
- Monitor changes in the Colorado Benefits Management System (CBMS), maintains current knowledge of CBMS, programs, policies, and community resources and adjusts work processes to ensure accurate provision of benefits
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Be comfortable troubleshooting cases and navigating through CBMS
- Understanding of embracing change and a proven track-record of success
- Possess top-notch problem-solving skills and be proficient with system interfaces
- Show understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, and concern
- Develop and maintain working relationships while encouraging cooperation, pride, and a commitment to teamwork
- Be sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, and other individual differences in the workforce
- Be willing to go the extra mile for our clients
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience performing specialized/technical office support work
- Education & Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
About Everything Else
CA2655 Eligibility Technician I
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$20.90 - $31.35
Although our full pay range is included above, the budgeted hiring range for this position is $20.90 - $26.13 per hour.
Denver Human Services
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.