Electrician – Building and Facilities
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is located in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. The City of Chandler Building and Facilities Department is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining our team as an Electrician . This is a regular, full-time position with benefits.
Work Schedule: The position is scheduled to work 5x8 Monday through Friday, hours.
Why work for Chandler?
• Accrue 122 hours paid vacation in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
• Accrue 96 hours paid sick leave in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
• 12 paid holidays per year plus additional time off at the end of the year (Winter Break)
• Dress code is business casual, with jeans on Fridays
• Free Tumbleweed Recreation Center membership
• Professional development opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually, $3200 for part time employees
• City contributions of 1% gross wages per pay period to deferred compensation
• Become part of the Arizona State Retirement System with a 100% City contribution match
• 3 medical plans to choose from along with dental and vision coverage
• Flexible schedule/Remote work options (when available)
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Robust Employee Wellness program with $350 incentive
Who we are
The City of Chandler Building and Facilities Division consists of 20 positions to include technicians, support staff and management. We support 70 multi-use buildings totaling more than one million square feet extending over 65 square miles. We are a progressive and innovative team that strives to meet our customers' needs, deliver quality services, and support of the City of Chandler's Mission, Vision and Values.
Who we are looking for
Our new team member will have a passion for customer service, teamwork, and collaboration. We are looking for someone with diverse knowledge and background in commercial Electrical building maintenance.
To view the complete job description, please click here .
A High School Diploma or GED supplemented by completion of a formal training program or apprenticeship; and three (3) years of journey level electrician experience; and Journeyman Electrician Certification upon hire or promotion; and a valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Five years experience as a journey level electrician.
Work Environment: The primary duties of this class may be performed in an indoor and outdoor environment that may include working in adverse weather conditions, confined spaces, and hazards involving low to medium voltage electrical systems (up to 480v) and use of power tools and equipment.
This is a regular full-time position, subject to a six (6) month probationary period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
The City of Chandler will conduct a pre-employment DOT drug and alcohol test and a driving record check as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable results. All applicants hired will be required to be fingerprinted with successful results as a condition of continued employment.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler's policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. Certain positions within the City are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity. The examination process may vary if determined necessary.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation.Closing Date/Time: 11/26/2023 11:59 PM Arizona