Desktop Support Technician – Technology Services
The Desktop Support Technician performs technical analysis, support, and maintenance for the County's computers, related computer equipment, software, telephones, and video equipment to deliver high availability, reliability, and security. The Desktop Support Technician is required to provide excellent customer service, resolve problems in a timely manner, communicate effectively, and be a positive contributor to the Denton County Technology Services team.
Examples of Duties
- Provides end-user support and excellent customer service. Responds to service requests in a proactive and timely manner.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and secures computer hardware, software, peripheral equipment, telephones, mobile devices, and audio/visual systems.
- Maintains hardware inventory and portions of Active Directory.
- Maintains user identity and access rights for various systems including network, access control, etc.
- Maintains documents and files related to work completed .
- Follows county policies and best practices related to information security; exercises good judgment to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Denton County computer systems and electronic records; supports compliance with CJIS, HIPAA, and other information security regulations.
- Displays and reflects the department's culture, mission, vision, values, and direction.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Department of Technology Services Mission Statement:
To serve Denton County taxpayers by providing technology-related services guided by our core values that support and empower county departments and agencies in providing excellent service to our citizens.
The Department of Technology Services commits to the following core values:
- To deliver service with integrity and respect.
- To respond to the technology needs of the County in a proactive and timely manner.
- To meet the technology needs of the County with consistency, agility, flexibility, and foresight.
- To manage technology resources in a fiscally conservative manner.
- To develop a technology team that is passionate about serving the needs of the County.
- To support and understand each member of our team both personally and professionally.
- To encourage positive attitudes, teamwork, and open communication.
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of three years of experience in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- The position may require various computer or related technical certifications.
- Possession of a valid driver's license is required. Must obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of employment.
- Must not have any Class B misdemeanor or higher convictions or deferred adjudications.
- Certification by TCOLE as a Jailer may be required within 1 year of employment.
To ensure the proper delivery of emails please add email@example.com to your email safe list.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous