Clinical Social Worker (Health/Correctional Facility) – Safety – (ISUDT)
Clinical Social Worker - Correctional Facility - Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program (ISUDT)
*Depending on Experience*
$89,040 - $113,244 Annual Range (Licensed)
$82,764 - $105,612 Annual Range (Non-licensed)
Clinical Social Workers providing care within one of our Psychiatric Inpatient Units receive an additional 15% Stipend of Base Pay
Do you have a keen professional interest in addiction medicine and substance use treatment? California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking California-licensed clinical social workers to join our Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program (ISUDT). This newly-created statewide program is designed to provide integrated, specialized care to patients with a history of substance use who require additional medical assistance. ISUDT staff are committed to providing optimal care, promoting patients' successful reintegration into society, and reducing recidivism.
We currently have opportunities at Central California Women's Facility, located in Chowchilla. This central valley rural town is a short commute from the bedroom communities of Merced and Fresno. From here, you can enjoy a variety of activities, including exploring Yosemite National Park, discovering regional wineries, or cheering for the Fresno State Bulldogs.
Within this program and under the general direction of the Supervising Psychiatric Social Worker I, you will:
- Provide screening and assessment for substance use disorders to determine treatment needs and level of care
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans
- Coordinate with the Primary Care Team to provide quality care
- Provide short-term counseling intervention to address client needs surrounding substance use disorders
To thrive in this position, you must be:
- Knowledgeable in substance use disorder assessment and treatment
- Skilled in the area of motivational interviewing
- Knowledgeable in the area of trauma-informed care
In return for your efforts, CCHCS offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- 40-hour workweek
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Robust 401(k) and 457(b) savings plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year)
- Free on-site CEUs
- Dedicated assistance with visa sponsorship
- Potential NHSC Loan Repayment (depending on location)
Candidates new to CCHCS are required to submit to a background investigation process utilizing Live Scan Fingerprinting, and Tuberculosis (TB) testing prior to appointment followed by department annual TB testing/evaluation thereafter.
Submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or call (877) 793-4473 for more information.
Please review the appropriate bulletin/assessment on the Bulletin Page for the Minimum Qualifications and, if qualified, complete the Assessment according to the instructions.
How To Apply: You may apply for this position by clicking "Apply Now" on the top or bottom of this page.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov ."
Closing Date/Time: Until Filled