Business Systems Analyst – Facilities
Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale .
About the Position:
Provide technical assistance to users in problem analysis and advice leading to improved productivity and better integration of technology into facilities management business operations. Work includes the administration, support, evaluation, selection, and acquisition of hardware and software packages.
The application and supplemental questions are an integral part of the selection process and must be completed in full in order for you to be considered as a candidate. Please complete each section and answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. DO NOT state "See Resume" in lieu of answering. Unanswered questions, incomplete responses, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process that may include a panel interview. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening that may include:
- Fingerprinting search of the national FBI Database
- Criminal Background screening
- Drug Screen
- 39-Month Motor Vehicle Department Records Check
Click here to review the entire job description.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time, potentially without advance notice.
PLEASE NOTE: Years of experience are based on a work schedule of 2,080 hours per year for full-time positions and 1,040 hours per year for part-time positions, and while work experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis, depending upon the job classification, education may not be substituted for work experience.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Business, Computer Information System (CIS), or closely related field from an accredited educational institution.
- Two years of experience directly working on computer-based information systems' hardware, software, networks, wireless systems, systems analysis, or integration.
- Must have one year of lead or supervisory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
- Preferred: Experience in Integrated Workplace Management Systems(IWMS), Computer-Aided facility Management (CAFM), Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) or Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) systems such as Archibus or Tririga.
Licensing and Other Requirements:
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date. The Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles requires that out-of-state driver's licenses must be surrendered within 10 days of relocating to the State of Arizona.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Designs, develops, maintains, and installs software and interface components for Facilities department applications.
- Provides site configuration and administration for Facilities department software applications.
- Researches, reviews, and recommends software and hardware products for implementation which ensures the department stays current with present and future technology trends.
- Manages all aspects of assigned projects to ensure timely completion.
- Participates in budget preparation and administration; prepares cost estimates for budget recommendations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally performed in a City office environment with occasional travel to worksites.
- Operate standard office equipment, including computers, copiers, and plotters.
- Continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement.
- Close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 30 pounds.
- Travel to and from meetings and various locations using a City vehicle.
- May have the ability to work remotely.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the City to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR at (480) 312-2491.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: 6/23/2023 11:59 PM Arizona