Airport Facilities Maintenance Crew Supervisor
General Description and Classification Standards
Coordinates and supervises the work of a maintenance crew. Manages operations and supervises preventive maintenance programs and repairs on designated building systems or airport assets to ensure full and productive use of the City's facilities. Performs routine manual duties to support a variety of building, plumbing, electrical, carpentry repairs and maintenance throughout the City's facilities. This is full-time supervisory work with a small, permanently assigned work group, typically 5-20 staff. Group may be composed of technical, maintenance or infrastructure workers. Supervision would typically be over a group of employees in the same vocational discipline. Positions at this level are characterized by supervising a small group with the supervisor providing some direct work.
Normally receives guidance regarding group objectives, scheduling, unusual priorities, etc. but is free to set work methods and individual assignments. This position reports to the Supervisor Senior or Manger.
Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) in addition to 3 years progressively responsible experience in building construction, facilities maintenance, or related field.
- Must have computer skills and knowledge of software programs such as a CMMS, Microsoft
- Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Must currently have a valid Georgia's driver's license.
- Internal candidates must have CDL Class B.
- External candidates must obtain CDL Class B within 90 days of employment.
- Airfield Movement Area - AMA Certification (internal within 60 days)
Preferred Education & Experience
Completion of appropriate technical course or associates degree in related area and 5 years progressively responsible experience in building construction, facilities maintenance, or related field; specialized training in HVAC/R systems, plumbing, and mechanical and electrical maintenance highly desired.
Class A is Preferred
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-11-24