Administrative Support Specialist, Facilities
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Facilities Department provides facility management, building and grounds maintenance, and custodial services for County-owned facilities and grounds. In support of County departments and offices that provide direct services to the community, Facilities Department teams work from a central warehouse in Bend managing and maintaining facilities across Deschutes County at sites in La Pine, Sisters, Redmond, and Bend.
ABOUT THE COUNTY:
We know where you choose to live, work and play matters. Deschutes County is one of the largest employers in Central Oregon and the largest municipal government in the region. Our dedicated and passionate workforce of more than 1,200 employees provide County services in a number of departments, divisions, and offices.
Located in the heart of Central Oregon, between the towering Cascade Mountain Range to the west and the high desert plateau to the east, Deschutes County is the outdoor recreation capital of Oregon. We enjoy a renowned quality of life, with big-city opportunities and small-town neighborhoods.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Deschutes County is accepting applications for an Administrative Support Specialist. This position provides administrative support for the Deschutes County Facilities Department. The incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of administrative tasks that require computer and interpersonal skills, sound judgment and discretion to support the department and will also assist with special projects and general office support as assigned.
- Performs interoffice mail sorting and delivery to multiple County office locations. Requires driving between buildings during inclement weather and hand-delivering mail to multiple offices or mail rooms within buildings.
- Coordinates site specific mail delivery with USPS and bulk mail partners and resolves mail-related customer complaints.
- Receives and processes accounts payable invoices.
- Performs furniture inventories and provides support for furniture purchasing and installation.
- Coordinates furniture reconfigurations with Capital Improvement Manager, Project Coordinator, and contracted designers, vendors and movers.
- Reviews furniture repair requests and coordinates manufacturer warranty repairs.
What You Will Bring:
Knowledge of or experience with:
- County organization, operation, policies, and procedures.
- General office procedures and methods.
- Principles and practices of file management, accounting/bookkeeping, record keeping, and records management.
- Business and personal computers, and specialized software applications.
- Entering data and numerical information into a computer system with speed and accuracy, and maintaining electronic records, files and databases.
- Inventory tracking and organization.
We hope you'll consider joining our talented team.
*This posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but rather constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function.
Notification to all candidates will be sent via email and/or text only. Please opt in for text messaging or check your email and your Governmentjobs.com account for application status.
Review the full job description by clicking HERE.
$4,198.90 to $5,626.92 per month for a 172.67 hour work month. Excellent County benefit package when eligible. This (union represented) position is available immediately.
Our robust health plan is offered at a minimal cost of $95 per month for employee only or $116 per month for employee plus dependents, which includes an innovative on-site clinic, pharmacy, and wellness and wellbeing services. Additionally, we include life insurance, retirement (PERS), generous paid time-off (14-18 hours/month to start, pro-rated for part-time), holidays, and professional development opportunities. Please click HERE for full benefit details.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- AND four (4) years of administrative support experience;
- OR any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential functions of the job.
Necessary Special Requirements
The employment offer will be contingent upon pre-employment screening for criminal history and controlled substances (NOTE: Positive test results for marijuana use may result in rescission of a contingent offer of employment). These screenings must be completed with satisfactory findings in order for a formal offer of employment to be extended.
Excellent County benefit package when eligible.
Deschutes County offers eligible employees a comprehensive health care package that covers medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents at a minimal cost of $90 per month. Coverage becomes effective the first of the month following 1 month of employment. Included in the health care package is the Deschutes Onsite Clinic (DOC), which provides a wide range of health, wellness, and primary care services to employees and their dependents. The DOC offers convenient hours and no out-of-pocket costs to patients. The DOC Pharmacy is a full service pharmacy available to employees and dependents to have their prescriptions filled at a discounted co-pay. In addition to the health care package, Deschutes County provides a generous and comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees.
Employer paid benefit offerings include:
- Life Insurance for employee and dependents
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Program through Oregon PERS
- Time Management Leave
Employee paid voluntary benefit offerings include:
- 125 Flexible Spending Program
- 457 Deferred Compensation Program
- Supplemental Life and Accident Insurance
To learn more about Deschutes County's generous benefit offerings, please visit www.deschutes.org/hr and click on Employee Benefits.
Closing Date/Time: 11/26/2023 11:59 PM Pacific